Talk

Advanced search

Exh and child benefit

(6 Posts)
chewybacca Sun 04-Feb-18 23:31:51

ExH and I have 50/50 shared care of our 3 children.So no maintenance due.
He earns 3x my wage. I claim child benefit.

He has not paid anything towards what I consider shared expenses. School trips,music tuition fees,new glasses etc. Things we have agreed the children should have.

He has just sent an email saying that my child benefit should be taken into account when sharing these costs.
I don't know how to go back to him on this.
Is he right or just trying to get out of paying anything?

SleepingStandingUp Sun 04-Feb-18 23:34:13

That's fine. Take it into consideration.

The lessons cost 100. Your CB is 20. You split the difference. He pays 40. More than you're getting now.

I disagree that it should but would say if he's paying nothing see if you can work it to your advantage

SleepingStandingUp Sun 04-Feb-18 23:37:22

If there's a regular expense, state the CB covers that. So the music lessons etc. Even if you would say you need it to cover general bills, actually you're paying for everything anyway so shove it aside, three separate piles for the kids and then he can pay half the difference. He'll soon realise it doesn't go far

chewybacca Sat 10-Feb-18 21:29:54

Thanks for replying.
I asked how it should be taken into account. He claims that CB should be used for joint costs. Even though he can't claim it himself as he earns too much.
I have 3 children. I get around £190 every four weeks. It just seems wrong that he still has to pay nothing towards them... Maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Akire Sat 10-Feb-18 21:32:26

All joint costs so he pays for 50/50 clothes and activities. They wear clothes on all days I assume?

Do they only do activities on your days? What’s his excuse for not paying now?

chewybacca Sat 10-Feb-18 21:35:59

Clothes wise,they wear what is provided at each house.
The joint things are things that can't be relied on days wise ( his choice)
Music lessons and school trips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now