Talk

Advanced search

Can I just say....

(14 Posts)
NameWithChange Tue 30-Jan-18 21:21:24

I'M DIVORCED!!!!!!!

I just really needed to share it and the absolute joy!!

After years of trying to get away from him and our awful destructive marriage that was drowning in his lies from the start, I am now FREE!

Years of Court, his lies, his financial abuse, using the children, Courts and anything else he could against me, it is over.

I have been at breaking point so, so many times. Absolutely desperate with fear for our future. Fear that his lies were being believed and fear at losing our home (that I bought after years of hard work but by way of a marriage certificate he automatically became entitled to a share of).

It's over. The relief is immense.

I'm thinking already as my future looks so much brighter with my DCs that divorce is a bit like childbirth, the pain fades from your memory like you almost can't believe or process the sheer agony you went through.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I had to share with someone, at times I never thought this day would come.

Stay strong everyone, when you reach the end of the tunnel the sense of relief is amazing. Keep following the light!

OP’s posts: |
Whatiwishfor Tue 30-Jan-18 22:29:17

Yer congratulations so pleased for you.

Im still in the middle of it all, its so hard work and detious!

MadameJosephine Tue 30-Jan-18 22:35:17

Congratulations flowers

BackInTheRoom Tue 30-Jan-18 23:01:28

🎉🍷🎉

NameWithChange Wed 31-Jan-18 00:24:48

Thank you. I just needed to share!!!!

CaptainM Wed 31-Jan-18 09:29:46

Yay! I'm nearly there too, and can totally relate. This is fast becoming my best year yet, and there's more to come!

Enjoy! 💃

MissTeBe Wed 31-Jan-18 09:34:29

I’m there too

I got my absolute a couple of weeks ago

It’s like a weight lifting isn’t it?

RockPaperCut Wed 31-Jan-18 17:40:50

Congratulations! 🥂🍾

I like the childbirth analogy. Gahhh mine cannot come soon enough. It’s been 14 months since I petitioned!

NameWithChange Thu 01-Feb-18 21:46:34

Thanks all. SO happy for all of us!!

Honestly at more than one point I honestly didn't think we would get here. I'm embarrassed to say just how low I actually got.

To anyone waiting in anguish, hang in there. I promise the end is AMAZING!

Begrateful Thu 01-Feb-18 21:57:50

It's like a massive weight has been removed.wink Congrats!wine

purplelass Thu 01-Feb-18 22:00:11

Congratulations! flowers
Sometimes it feels like it's going to take forever, such a relief when it's finally over smile

mineofuselessinformation Thu 01-Feb-18 22:01:03

I'm with you.
I actually bought myself a 'divorce ring' to celebrate - I figured if I got a ring when I got married, it only made sense if I got one when I was divorced. It's a lovely cocktail ring that I wear on my wedding finger (in defiance!)
Enjoy that feeling. smile

Stella60 Thu 01-Feb-18 22:02:01

Congratulations all,I'm still struggling in there, but it's so good to hear from those who have got out. Well done, enjoy your freedom!

NameWithChange Thu 01-Feb-18 22:40:46

I got a divorce ring too! A spinner ring with a special stone related to each of my DCs and me. The new perfect family smile

I also got my nails done last week (which I NEVER do). And I was discussing with the girl who was doing them about this new fad for putting glitter or something different on the nail of the 'ring' finger, I reckon there is more reason that ever to bling up and celebrate that finger!! Celebratory glittery wedding ring finger FREEDOM grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in