Talk

Advanced search

Travelling to see children

(6 Posts)
bubblesbubble Mon 29-Jan-18 19:27:46

After divorce who has to do the pick up and drop offs, legally?
Is it split 50/50, I.e one of us will drop off and the other pick up?
Or is it the NRP that has to do all of the pick ups and drop offs?
The distance between houses is not huge. No one has 'moved away'. Also do we only have to pick up/drop off from each other's houses or do we have to pick up from other family members? Ex often wants me to pick up and drop off from the grandparents (who are very hostile).

OP’s posts: |
Whatiwishfor Mon 29-Jan-18 21:31:03

I'm pretty sure there's no legal answer. But try and keep it consistent eg maybe you always drop off and he always collects.

Yettilegs11 Tue 06-Feb-18 17:00:48

imeet My ex at a neutral place for pick ups and drop offs

egginacup Tue 06-Feb-18 17:04:05

My ex does the pick up/ drop off from my house. To me this makes sense as they live here most of the time, this is their home and he is the one who moved away. I know others who do it at school, I.e the dad picks the DC up from school when it’s his weekend. Don’t think there is necessarily a right or wrong answer.

lanbro Tue 06-Feb-18 17:06:20

It really depends how amicable you are...we just whatever suits us on a day to day basis

stressedoutfred Tue 06-Feb-18 17:15:10

I was advised that it’s the non resident parents responsibility to pick up and drop home, it was my responsibility to make DS available for contact. This was a long time ago though so the thought has probably changed!

We share though as I think Ex would likely give up if he had to put more effort in. So for DS’s sake we pick him up. We’ve always done pick up as if we’d left it Ex he would have had him back at a ridiculous hour - no so bad now DS is a teenager but he thought nothing of a 10pm drop off on a Sunday eve for a 5 year old hmmconfused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in