Advanced search

Another finance related issue!

(5 Posts)
ivykaty44 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:20:58

Ask your solicitor for their advice

Afterthestorm Wed 06-Dec-17 19:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shouldileavethedogs Wed 06-Dec-17 19:14:27

Court not four

Shouldileavethedogs Wed 06-Dec-17 19:13:50

He would tell you to split the assets 50/50. I'm guessing you would be told to either sell up and split the equity etc or you muat buy your stbxh out. That's if you can afford it. Yes he's obligated to pay the mortgage too but if he won't you can't force him and if you don't pay then you will both have a judgement against you. Personally I'd sell up and start a fresh. Try to avoid four because let me tell you. Any money that you may have will be swallowed up in legal fees. Good luck

Blushingm Wed 06-Dec-17 19:09:10

Currently I live with 2 dc in the former marital home which has a mortgage in both names but I am paying 100%
We have a joint DMP which I am paying

Stbxh pays cms and that's it.

Should he be paying towards the mortgage even though he's not living here and towards the debts as well

He's currently living with his parents and in a £25k a year job.

I'm a student nurse on a bursary

If it went to court (I suspect it will) how would the judge look at this?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in