Advanced search

Another finance related issue!

(5 Posts)
Blushingm Wed 06-Dec-17 19:09:10

Currently I live with 2 dc in the former marital home which has a mortgage in both names but I am paying 100%
We have a joint DMP which I am paying

Stbxh pays cms and that's it.

Should he be paying towards the mortgage even though he's not living here and towards the debts as well

He's currently living with his parents and in a £25k a year job.

I'm a student nurse on a bursary

If it went to court (I suspect it will) how would the judge look at this?

Shouldileavethedogs Wed 06-Dec-17 19:13:50

He would tell you to split the assets 50/50. I'm guessing you would be told to either sell up and split the equity etc or you muat buy your stbxh out. That's if you can afford it. Yes he's obligated to pay the mortgage too but if he won't you can't force him and if you don't pay then you will both have a judgement against you. Personally I'd sell up and start a fresh. Try to avoid four because let me tell you. Any money that you may have will be swallowed up in legal fees. Good luck

Shouldileavethedogs Wed 06-Dec-17 19:14:27

Court not four

Afterthestorm Wed 06-Dec-17 19:19:05

Why do you say it would be split 50/50 shouldileavethedogs? Mine isn't and plenty aren't when there are children to care for. Are you a lawyer, judge, family lawyer?

ivykaty44 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:20:58

Ask your solicitor for their advice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: