Talk

Advanced search

How soon can I get a divorce without it costing a fortune.

(4 Posts)
Holls82 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:27:04

Hello,

How soon can I get a divorce without it costing a fortune.
My Husband and I decided to separate after nearly 3 years of marriage due to wanting different things in life and having different principles. We agreed on him having the family car as he needs it for work and I keep the furniture in the house that I am now renting as a single parent with our nearly 2 year old Daughter.
The problem I'm finding (amongst all the others) is that when he comes to see our Daughter is that as treats the house as his own, lies out on the furniture, leaves used cutlery etc on the side. When I ask him to get his feet off the sofa and tidy up after himself he sas he can do what he likes as it's his stuff too. I'm looking at moving home as a new start may help but I want to put firm boundaries in place and feel divorce may be the best way to do it.

Any advice is greatly received smile

BeetrootTart Sun 03-Dec-17 10:31:13

I don't know about the divorce aspect but can you stop letting him in? Have him take her out for lunch/dinner or to the park. Where does he live and why can't he take her there?

Holls82 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:36:17

He moved out to a shared house with friends and it's not really a place to take a toddler so we had agreed for him to have her here when he sees her at mine on the days I work lates. He does her tea and bath/bedtime on these days. If I changed this arrangement I would need to reduce my working hours and would be financially worse off.

Spam88 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:57:12

I'm not sure why the cost would change with time. You can get a divorce after two years of living apart unless and if the other reasons are valid (off the top of my head they're adultery, desertion and unreasonable behaviour, but they're all listed on the government website).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now