Talk

Advanced search

Stalking & parental alienation

(9 Posts)
Narcissistfree Sat 25-Nov-17 22:50:08

So my ex and i split 6 months ago and he's done a fantatic job of alienating my 2 daughters.
He had recently not returned them to me, following a visit to the court i now have an arrangement for the younger, and she is staying with me for a few days.
Her older sister has decided to stay too which is great but i have noticed she is leaving her mobile propped up and pointing at me? I think she must be filming.. probably reporting back to my ex.
Is this illegal? What should i do?

OP’s posts: |
Poshindevon Sun 26-Nov-17 11:44:13

You are the parent and should set boundaries as to where and when your daughters can use their phones.
Secretly filming or recording people is not very nice. In this case it is not illegal but you should calmy ask your daughter to stop pointing the phone at you and why she feels it is neccesary to do it?

Narcissistfree Sun 26-Nov-17 18:38:27

She's 16, so until this point I didn't have a problem with her phone usage..
It's more worrying how it's got to the point thst he has convinced her that secretly filming me is a good idea?

wednesdayswench Sun 26-Nov-17 18:54:43

For a start I'd be turning the WiFi off...

fleurjasmine Sun 26-Nov-17 18:55:56

I'm not sure how turning the WiFi off is going to solve anything here.

What a horrible situation for you, OP.

Have you asked your DD what's going on? Sorry if obvious question.

Justoneme Sun 26-Nov-17 19:00:23

Firstly what is there to hide? So what if your daughter is filming you; are you doing something what you shouldn't be? At 16, she can talk with her feet ... if she doesn't like your rules then she can go elsewhere.

I certainly would be pussing footing around my child who did that to me.

Narcissistfree Sun 26-Nov-17 19:34:30

No I'm not up to anything I shouldnt be 😂
Yes she can vote with her feet and she has before now!
It's just the insidious way he's turning her against me.. there is nothing they can do with the video as I'm not doing anything wrong, but it's a horrible feeling.
I've been taking photo's of the phone propped up to record so i have proof.
I dont know how to approach it though, she will just deny it i think.

fleurjasmine Sun 26-Nov-17 19:43:09

I can only imagine how unsettling that is.

If it helps, she's still at a difficult age. She may well look back in a few years and be horrified by what she did. I certainly did some very unkind, petty and frankly unpleasant things to my mother at a similar age as a way of 'getting revenge' and I wasn't being egged on by a horrible father. sad

Justoneme Sun 26-Nov-17 19:52:33

It's a hard one ... but I would have to call her out on it ... explain how you are feeling... surely if a 16 doesn't understand the impact they are having then .....

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in