Talk

Advanced search

Sharing Childcare

(1 Post)
Crazycatladyx5 Thu 23-Nov-17 19:18:15

Hubby left me for someone else 17 months ago. I am main carer for our 9 year old. He used to do school runs so I had to move her to my school as I couldn't afford childcare every day. For first year he picked her up from school twice a week & took her to his for tea, plus had her to stay every other Saturday (after a few months because it was a while before I allowed her to meet the gf). Last September he decided to just pick her up from school one night a week (reason he gave was because he didnt want me to dictate when he saw his child!) Occasionally I have had to ask him to help with childcare....I don't ask often & not sure why I do cos he doesn't agree. He works one night a week, his gf doesn't work, he has 2 parents & his sister who can help him with childcare. I work full time & my parents are elderly. He doesn't need help with childcare often as he doesn't have our daughter as much as me. ....although I have let him bring her back early so he can go to the match etc. If I ask for help I get told he's not my babysitter so I can go to work, that I'm the main carer so I should cope, and that these requests for help are very one sided. He then usually says if I can't cope she can live with him. (She doesn't want to...she misses him but doesn't want to live there. I don't want her to either.)
I always wish I'd never asked him....& don't know why I ever do.
Guess I'm quite envious of separated parents who actually manage to put their children first & communicate. I really wish we could do that & hate the fact he can still upset me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now