Advanced search

He wants to sell the house and split 50/50

(3 Posts)
Sparrowlegs248 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:21:01

Thank you. I will. I won't be able to buy him out. Not yet anyway.

OP’s posts: |
LineysRum Tue 21-Nov-17 22:14:21

Please see a solicitor. You have options if you want to stay and if you will have the majority of care of the children. Mesher order, buying him out with a cash sum to get a flat deposit, to name but two. (I did the latter.) (But he left me for OW, not that it matters.)

Sparrowlegs248 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:10:17

Joint mortgage, pretty equal contributions. Mine more in the time he was unemployed, his more this last year I've been on maternity leave. Toddler and baby.

Me instigating divorce. I would like to stay here at least to start. He's said he can't afford for us to stay and we'll have to sell and split 50/50.

I've not yet seen a solicitor (will do asap) so am wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom re rights to remain living here etc?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in