Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone experienced divorce/separation in Belgium?

(4 Posts)
Tenderlovingcare Fri 10-Nov-17 22:31:01

I live in Belgium and want to leave my H. We have 2 children under 12. I want to return to the U.K. - we’re both British and have a house in the U.K. ‘D’H has a permanent job in Belgium and has said that he will not let the kids return home with me.
As the kids are settled in Belgium a judge would need to decide on whether I can take them back to the U.K. or not. Does anyone have experience of divorce in the U.K. and Belgium that thy can share with me?

babybarrister Sat 11-Nov-17 11:42:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tenderlovingcare Sat 11-Nov-17 17:50:53

Thanks so much Babybarrister. I did realise the urgency of filing sooner rather than later but i’m worried about H’s reaction - he’s an angry man although he’s never hit me. Also, I would have nowhere to stay other than in the same house as him during the proceedings. Also, I haven’t got school places or a Jon back home yet. Any advice in the order of doing things? Ie.. I’ve heard that it would be best for me to have a job and school places in the U.K. first so that I can convince Belgian judge of my ability to have a secure home for DCs.

babybarrister Mon 13-Nov-17 08:00:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: