Advanced search


(7 Posts)
Joannethomp Thu 02-Nov-17 20:20:46

When divorced and the kids dad got done for indecent images and he wants to see the kids me and the kids don't want that what would happen if he took us to court

MrsBertBibby Thu 02-Nov-17 20:23:50

CAFCASS or social services would do a risk assessment.

How old are the kids? Why don't they want to sed him?

Wineandworkout Thu 02-Nov-17 20:41:30

Cafcass would be involved and would make a recommendation about how much contact he gets and what sort (e.g. direct unsupervised contact, direct supervised (usually temporary with the aim that it will progress to unsupervised), or indirect (letters, cards etc)). The court tends to follow the cafcass recommendation. It is EXTREMELY rare for them to recommend no direct contact at all. Having said That, they did recommend no direct contact between my ex and kids. But my solicitor said that it was the first time she'd ever seen this in 25 years of practice.

Joannethomp Thu 02-Nov-17 21:11:09

We moved out when he was arrested and he is now over 100 miles away they are 8 and 11 social say he can not see them without supervision

wobytide Thu 02-Nov-17 22:04:14

Doesn’t say why the kids have said they don’t want to see him? Seems young ages to grasp the concept/full story on their own

flirtygirl Sat 04-Nov-17 08:30:18

Wobeytide Kids know their own mind from 7 or 8 yo and the op doesnt need to tell us the kids reasons why but cafcass will ask and check and hopefully that will be enough.

Who forces kids to see someone espescially in this situation where it would have to be supervised.

ferriswheel Sat 04-Nov-17 08:42:04

I'm sorry I don't know the answer but if you can afford legal advice I'd definitely take it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: