Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Family courts first hearing - what happens if I dont go?

(11 Posts)
Truebecca Tue 31-Oct-17 19:36:30

I am the respondant in a hearing filed by my ex for a contact order with his daughter,. We don;t have a good relationship and he hasn't seen her since April. I have avoided seeing him and he has avoided making solid contact arrangements with his daughter so now he has filed court papers because he thinks he will get what he wants.
Cafcass have called me last week to ask questions and they know all about his domestic violence arrests (to me)
Does anyone know what my not going would mean?
I dont want to pay for a lawyer - I can't get legal aid and I struggle to work two jobs to pay for my life and my ex gives me £28 a month since July....

Queenofthedrivensnow Tue 31-Oct-17 19:39:23

You need to go. Your ex will have to submit a contact proposal of a schedule. He won’t be granted access when he feels like it

Truebecca Tue 31-Oct-17 19:46:49

thanks Queenofthedrivensnow I will be brave

GeorgeTheHamster Tue 31-Oct-17 19:52:24

If you don't go you will put yourself on the back foot by looking as though you are not cooperating.

You need to go.

Truebecca Tue 31-Oct-17 20:07:50

Yes I will now I've read another thread about it too - it would look bad
life sucks sometimes eh

thanks for your comments

Fragglewump Tue 31-Oct-17 20:09:34

Go!

babybarrister Tue 31-Oct-17 20:12:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wejammin Tue 31-Oct-17 20:14:24

Are you sure you won't get legal aid? Do you have evidence of the domestic violence? It might be worth a free initial appointment with a solicitor to check that.

Fragglewump Tue 31-Oct-17 21:48:43

I think you get legal aid if dv is involved......

babybarrister Wed 01-Nov-17 12:00:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Tue 07-Nov-17 19:17:21

Take a friend but really you must attend - or decisions will be made even without you there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now