Advanced search

Starting divorce after separation.

(4 Posts)
Layniboggs123 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:15:20

Hi stbxh left 3 months ago which I thought was a midlife crises has he wanted to hang About pub rather than be with his family. Anyways I have now discovered the truth he as admitted now OW and they are together. I am wanting to start divorce process but can't really afford it . I can get some help due to low income with the fees .we have no property as I'm in rented property and we are working out child payments between us. As anyone done this way how much help do u get ? I know stbxh will not want to contribute a penny. He does not like to face problems just walk away only took 16 years to realise. Thank you.

Justchillaxing Sat 28-Oct-17 14:46:44

If you're receiving benefits you may get the court fees paid for, depending what benefits. Currently the fees are £550. The rest you can do yourself if theres no financial agreement to sort out. However if he won't agree to a divorce on the grounds of adultery you would have to wait until you've been separated two years (with his consent) or five years without his consent.

MrsBertBibby Sat 28-Oct-17 15:54:22

Just divorce for unreasonable behaviour. Then it doesn't matter if he won't admit it.

Layniboggs123 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:28:42

Ok thanks both I'll look into it all now and get things started! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: