Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I move out of my house?

(6 Posts)
lanbro Fri 27-Oct-17 20:34:18

Told dh on Monday I want to separate. Absolutely definitely, made up my mind, not amount of begging, promising, cajolling will change that.

Asked dh to move out. He won't. Not in a nasty way, just doesn't see why he should leave when it's my decision. The house was mine before we met and is still in just my name.

The only way to move forward is for me to move out. Found a small affordable house near dc school. Agreed to have the dc pretty much 50/50.

Am I mad to move out of my house? Obviously we're married so all assets are joint anyway....

MadeForThis Fri 27-Oct-17 21:28:06

Does your DH contribute to the upkeep of the house? If you move out will he pay the bills? While you pay those of the new house.

Ultimately if you are going to have 50/50 care if the dc then moving out shouldn't be the end of the world. Does he work or is he a sahp?

Also depends on how attached to the house you are. Is it a temporary move until finances are sorted out or are you agreeing to him keeping the house permanently?

You need to do whatever makes you and the dc safe and happy.

Well done on having the courage to leave.

lanbro Fri 27-Oct-17 22:17:18

We own 2 businesses, one very successful and one a start up. He'll continue to run the original while I'll crack on with the other. I'll get a wage from him plus the profits of my business until things pick up. We can afford to run two households fortunately.

He's hoping we'll get back together eventually, I don't see it, certainly not at the moment...

I would actually be moving to a better area although smaller house. I think I'm actually looking forward to it, just wondered if it's a bit odd!

crimsonlake Fri 27-Oct-17 22:43:52

Do not move out, it may affect you later on when it comes to sorting out the finances which may not necessarily be 50/50 if you are the higher earner and his needs going forward are greater than yours. Is his name on the title deeds? As amicable as it seems now, things have a habit of turning nasty when it comes to the finances later down the line.

lanbro Sat 28-Oct-17 07:16:09

He is the higher earner, my business won't ever match his in profit. We are both 50/50 directors of the businesses but the house is solely in my name, mortgage and title deeds

NotSureIfiAmWell Sat 28-Oct-17 13:06:56

I could be wrong but as he doesn't own the house then you can get him removed from it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now