Advanced search

How to leave with no money

(9 Posts)
TimeIsAnIllusion Wed 25-Oct-17 03:12:27

How do I leave the marital home with 3 kids and move to the other end of the country - I have no job, no house and £260 total in the whole world (that’s probably not enough for train tickets to the destination). I also don’t have a car or drivers license.
My husband is unhappy with the marriage and left. I do not wish to remain here and want to move back to my hometown and family.
He has not made it clear if he intends to return or how I am to support the family now. I currently don’t work due to my teenager being suspected asd / self harm/ suicidal thoughts on waiting list for Camhs a year now.
If I did work it would likely be for min wage. Area I want to return to is UC system.
It sounds impossible. Should I just remain and see if husband returns?

MrsBertBibby Wed 25-Oct-17 07:47:16

If he has spanned off without a word about money, I suggest you contact CMS for maintenance, and jobcentre/tax credits to get some money coming in.

And consider whether you want him to come back. The self indulgent cock.

Is the house owned, rented, HA or what?

MrsBertBibby Wed 25-Oct-17 07:47:46


Caulk Wed 25-Oct-17 07:47:50

I would speak to the CAB for advice about money. Do you already get housing benefit or is it a joint home that would be sold?

user1499169579 Wed 25-Oct-17 07:51:33

Would moving now affect cahms wait?

TimeIsAnIllusion Wed 25-Oct-17 16:44:16

Yes Home is joint owned.
The area I want to move to has a far shorter wait list for Camhs!

MamaOfTwos Wed 25-Oct-17 16:54:27

Apply for PIP or universal credit now your family circumstances have changed, set up a separate bank account in your own name. Contact citizens advice to see what you're entitled to

TimeIsAnIllusion Thu 26-Oct-17 10:04:16

I already have my own separate bank account - we have never had a joint account. I don’t have any access to money he earns and never have. He doesn’t give me money but he does usually pay the mortgage and bills. I use child allowance for things the children need and Childrens tax credits for food shopping and he would normally do some food shopping too.

TimeIsAnIllusion Thu 26-Oct-17 10:07:30

I have also contributed £20k to the mortgage with money I inherited from a family member that passed away.
I get £37 a week Childrens tax credit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: