Advanced search

What a mess!!

(3 Posts)
southern82 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:36:35

Hi, I wondered if anyone had any advice.

I've been married to my husband for 7 years and we have 1 son who is 7 and disabled.

I want a divorce after years of domestic violence. We have a mortgaged house together in joint names, there is no equity in the house as we only bought it 8 months ago.

I can't move into rented accommodation as my son causes a lot of damage due to his violent meltdowns. I have spoken to my local council who can offer me a hostel but my son wouldn't cope in that environment.

I don't know what to do as I cannot work due to my son's disability and cannot afford legal fees.

Do I have the right to stay in the house, who will pay the mortgage?

MrsBertBibby Sun 22-Oct-17 10:41:22

If there's been domestic violence you should be able to get legal aid.

southern82 Sun 22-Oct-17 11:14:05

The domestic abuse has to have been documented, he was arrested more than five years ago so does not count. I have been to my GP but I was not referred on to any agency. I have self referred though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: