Advanced search

Advice needed on cheating wife

(7 Posts)
Jamo13 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:42:22

Morning everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help me with some advice.

I was with my ex for 16 years, 3 kids, own our house & married for the last 5 years.

Around 3 years ago my wife went back to work after years out from having kids, not long after things changed & she was basically caught sending text messages to a colleague that suggested they’d spoke about sleeping together & sending topless photos. Also found out she was on Tinder sending saucy photos to strangers! We had it out but decided to give it another shot. Things didn’t go as planned & she then got caught using drugs!!

This was the final straw for me so I left the family home around 3 months ago.

I pay EVERY single bill on the house down too the TV License! She does not need to lift a finger but I sleep at night knowing my kids are safe. I also do £100 food shop a week & give the 3 kids £5 a day for school etc.

Thing is I’m actually living at work! It’s not as bad as it sounds but still need my own place.

We have plenty of equity in our house & suggested I take out some of this to be able to buy my own house whilst continuing to still pay the mortgage on her house.

She’s never paid a single mortgage payment but has point blank refused to let me do it.

Does anyone know where I stand with regards to what she’s entitled to & what I should be paying towards the 3 kids?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks J.

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Mon 16-Oct-17 10:02:51

You need to go to see a solicitor about this.

millymollymoomoo Mon 16-Oct-17 12:35:16

You definitely need legal advice. Seems you're being taken for a ride at the moment

Get all financials (inc pensions) together, work out split and move on with your lives.

Look at cms calculator re child maintenance views and work out what you each need re housing that might help to start to frame ideas about splits

Jamo13 Tue 17-Oct-17 02:21:39


OP’s posts: |
musicform Tue 17-Oct-17 02:29:13

Legal advice is needed. If the plan is to leave and set up a separate household and she is refusing to let go of the equity in the house you need a court order to force the sale

Gaggleofgirls Tue 17-Oct-17 03:25:29

You left the family home and three children with someone known to be using drugs????!!!!!

garrrycole387 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:08:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in