Advanced search

Mortgage and divorce

(6 Posts)
broccolicheesebake Wed 04-Oct-17 20:27:52

I am in process of divorce at present and ex is remortgaging to buy our current jointly owned property by himself. I am then buying another place.

He has been contacted by his lender's solicitors for evidence of divorce and £350 fees. Am I right in thinking they'll contact me at some point to sign something?! Basically I'm asking, I think!, if his lender solicitors will cover everything or whether there is anything else we need to legally do to get my name off mortgage..

MrsBertBibby Thu 05-Oct-17 07:25:09

You will need to execute a transfer deed (TR1) to transfer the property to his name. You ought to get that checked by your own lawyer.

Are you still living there or are you renting elsewhere? If you are there, you need to be out when the transfer and remortgage complete.

broccolicheesebake Thu 05-Oct-17 11:04:38

Thank you. Still living here currently but in process of buying a property. We'll need to try and work it so that he takes over mortgage at point I'm ready to move out.

MrsBertBibby Thu 05-Oct-17 11:11:44

Then you need to get your conveyance to help with both.

Have you found somewhere yet? You need to get your skates on or his mortgage offer may expire.

broccolicheesebake Thu 05-Oct-17 11:23:17

Yes I have a property I'm in process of buying. My mortgage is approved and solicitors are instructed. Just going though the motions of searches etc at moment.

MrsBertBibby Thu 05-Oct-17 11:43:30

Oh then just have a word with the conveyance. Easy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: