Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Divorce rollercoaster

(3 Posts)
Absvr Sun 24-Sep-17 18:34:16

Currently going through a very quick divorce after 2 decades of marriage. I just think I've got a straight patch of track and then I plummet again. I suddenly feel desperate and so very low. It usually only lasts no more than half an hour but I never see it coming! Other people feel like this?

MopedManiac Tue 26-Sep-17 01:44:50

Hi Abvsr, I am just about to board the divorce rollercoaster myself. I am divorcing him for unreasonable behavior so also get to ride on the surviving abuse roller coaster. I totally get what you mean about the straights and then sudden short plummets! I am trying to kind of go with the ebb n flow, recognise the feelings as they come and then let them go. Sometimes I manage this better than others. Taking care of ourselves, eating & sleeping well (she says while typing at 1:40am!) do help too. But it still sometimes completely blind sides me!

Our marriage is also 2 decades. Are you divorcing him, if u dont mind me asking? In what way is it quick? I worry that mine is going to drag on forever (complex financial scenarios to untangle) and it hasn't even started yet!

I should take my own advice & get some sleep now...

Hang in there x

RollerCoasterProteinSpill Tue 26-Sep-17 04:04:16

You have my sympathy. flowers
Every time I get an email alert I want to be sick.
Feel it so strongly that I picked this user name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now