Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Unreasonable behaviour wording for D8

(7 Posts)
daniellesrw Fri 01-Sep-17 12:08:42

Hello! Hoping somebody could help me out. Long-time lurker since I got pregnant, and first time poster.

I'd be beyond grateful for any help and will happily post out some of the best cupcakes ever to anybody that could help me (my mum runs a bakery business)! cake wink I'm trying to get a divorce, a quick summary of the situation:

August 2016, married
October 2016, found out I was pregnant + husband tried to pressure/blackmail me into an abortion
December 2016, found out he'd starting seeing another woman
January 2017, I left to live with my parents, he expressed he wanted nothing to do with the baby/wouldn't pay a dime for her

The guy was abusive for the whole relationship, mainly emotional/psychological and occasionally physically. I'm struggling to get enough proof for legal aid and as I'm now living at my parents' house with my baby on benefits (my income previously was student finance as I was at university, and they don't do maternity pay) and trying to do a DIY divorce as there's no way I can afford a solicitor.

I just wandered if anybody out there could cast their eyes over this and see if it's ok for unreasonable behaviour?

1) Since 13th December 2016, the Respondent has not wanted to engage in any sexual or physical relations with the Petitioner.
2) Since 16th December 2016, the Respondent has conducted an inappropriate relationship with another woman who the Petitioner does not care to name in this Petition.
3) On the 4th July, the Petitioner received an unsolicited eight-page letter from the Respondent that she found both inappropriate and distressing.
4) The Respondent has chosen to have no relationship with his and the Petitioner’s child, who was born on 4th July 2017.
5) The Respondent is financially irresponsible, and has failed to maintain the Petitioner and the child during the marriage. By way of example, the Respondent has thus far failed to provide any financial support towards their child’s upbringing.

As a result of the Respondent’s unreasonable behaviour, the Petitioner found it impossible to continue living with the Respondent. Consequently, the Petitioner permanently vacated the former matrimonial home on the 3rd January 2017 since when the Petitioner and the Respondent have lived entirely separate and apart.

The Respondent has behaved in such a way that the petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live with the respondent.

We both have no property, no money or assets. We are in agreement about childcare ie. he doesn't want to ever meet our child and I obviously think that's for the best given the abuse. I've tried to keep the reasons quite mild compared to some of the things he did to me which I could've included, in hope that he won't try to defend it (which would be ridiculous anyway as he doesn't have a penny for a solicitor).

Thanks so much if anybody can help!

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Fri 01-Sep-17 14:12:50

Those sound fine.

Do you know you can apply for court fee exemption?

daniellesrw Fri 01-Sep-17 14:43:28

Thanks!

Yes, just found that out yesterday and have applied.

Phillipa12 Fri 01-Sep-17 14:45:04

Sounds good to me, also phone the cms and get the ball rolling for child maintenance.

daniellesrw Fri 01-Sep-17 17:16:55

I've done that, he's been told he needs to pay an entire £7 a week and he's refusing to even pay that. I know how to pick 'em, as my nan says...

NameWithChange Fri 01-Sep-17 17:21:07

Sounds very well worded.

Also don't forget you can get a free half hours advice at most solicitors - a friend of mine visited about 4 to make sure she had her facts straight.

You sound incredibly on the ball and level headed. Best of luck for you and your baby.

daniellesrw Sun 03-Sep-17 18:36:31

Perfect, thank you, will get it sent off.

Oh, bless you. I didn't have much choice, I've had to get my act together pretty sharpish! Thank you xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in