Talk

Advanced search

Child contact

(5 Posts)
Lauralou69 Thu 10-Aug-17 10:04:22

I stopped contact between my dd and her dad 6 weeks ago because he was drinking while in charge of her. He has a long history of alcohol and mental health issues and is currently on a double suspended sentence for for alcohol related crimes. I have a solicitor and am in the process of obtaining an order to protect my daughter, there have been many issues over the years and I have had to take this action to protect us both. I have received an email from his solicitor accusing me of child abuse! Because i stopped contact. My ex has borderline personality disorder and I also suspect he has narcissistic personality disorder too, he has a history of self harm and suicide threats, all have taken a toll on my mental health. But despite what he has put me through over the years I still work and cope well in the care of my children and mum with dementia. I am terrified that Cafcass will take his side and I am looking for reassurance please. He is a skilled 'victim'.

OP’s posts: |
PeacefulParentsPath Thu 10-Aug-17 22:12:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AliCat36 Thu 10-Aug-17 22:18:37

He might be a skilled victim but police records & medical records can't be ignored. Why would Cafcass ignore all of that?
His solicitor is instructed by him & might just have his side of the story, not the whole thing so don't worry about that. Is the email definitely from a solicitor & not just from the ex?

Lauralou69 Thu 10-Aug-17 22:32:25

Thank you. My daughter is nearly 7 and to be honest he has had good access considering the various bull crap he's pit us through. For the most part I've been able to protect her by being the stable influence in her life and he isn't.......though of course he's in total denial of that. I cannot let my daughter believe that being the way he is as normal because it isn't. Drinking in charge of her was the last straw for me......I have to take it this far, I didn't want to but if I don't then she will end up damaged. I just see a lot of posts about Cafcass and having contact with errant fathers seems to be their forte, despite the consequences. These past 6 weeks have been blissful, no drama. I know he will get contact, I just hope they see fit to protect my daughter from a very sick person.

OP’s posts: |
PeacefulParentsPath Thu 10-Aug-17 22:41:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in