Talk

Advanced search

Mediation and Financial Dislcosure

(6 Posts)
starbaker66 Fri 14-Jul-17 13:38:02

Hi All - any advice would be greatly appreciated. My STBX and I have now attended 2 mediation sessions and have both completed the financial disclosure documents. I have been worried from the start of this process, that he would not comply with "Full and Frank Disclosure" but gave him the benefit of the doubt. At my own initial meeting I voiced my concerns to the mediator who assured me that they are experienced in dealing with "shenanigans" like this and will spot any inconsistencies. However, I have just received the notes from the last meeting and have had no feedback on either of our financial disclosure forms? Personally I don't have anything to hide. However, I have spotted at least one inconsistency from HIS! He has included a bank statement which illustrates an account which only contain transfers from another account. Thing is - the "other" account is not disclosed! Is this for me to highlight or will the mediator?

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Sat 15-Jul-17 12:01:04

Yes you need to ask him to account for this. Don't rely on the mediator to play detective.

Loopy567 Sat 15-Jul-17 13:54:48

Yes agree with Mrs Bibby, don't rely on the mediator. I will be submitting over 20 questions to ex's solicitor based on the documents I have been supplied with. I am also still missing lots. If you can type up all the "questionable" payments into an Excel spreadsheet, include the date, amount, whether it was transferred in or out and the account number it went to and what the "payment" was ie cash, transfer etc. You can use formulas to look at trends and base your questions on these. I know exactly how much ex has been taking from his account each week and it looks excessive for his pay. I will also be asking about accounts where money has been transferred in and out, but where I haven't had an explanation or bank statements. They could be innocent reasons but I doubt it. Ex is a lying cheating abusive individual.

starbaker66 Sat 15-Jul-17 14:12:53

Thanks Loopy! Sounds like we could be married to the same person! I will definitely take a leaf out of your book!

Loopy567 Sat 15-Jul-17 15:15:38

I am sorry to hear that. Stay strong and positive, however hard it is. You and I will be so much happier when we get to the other side of this whole process. Ex has been issued with a penal notice for note submitting his documents in time grin karma does work sometimes. flowers

starbaker66 Sat 15-Jul-17 15:36:34

Thanks...good luck to you too. Mine has issued a thinly veiled threat to start dissipating assets at an alarming rate by claiming inflated monthly living expenses. My solicitor is suggesting an asset freezing order so that he just gets issued with "pocket money" until we can formulate an agreement...I can imagine how that will go down. We're still living under the same roof at ATM because I can't afford to move out until the finances are sorted...tough times, but you're right, good will triumph over evil! Bring it on! :-)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in