Talk

Advanced search

Unreasonable Behaviour

(7 Posts)
witchelm Sat 08-Jul-17 09:05:56

I'm divorcing my husband on grounds of unreasonable behaviour. His drinking problem, but also that he spends recklessly as such getting me into debt without informing me and missing financial payments. I have lots of examples of both, but should I just write down episodes of his drinking or also the financial stuff? The form just says "you shouldn't need more than half a dozen examples, including dates".
I'm going to be writing a bloody novel at this rate!

mum22boys83 Sat 08-Jul-17 09:19:39

I wrote 18 pages of bullet points. My solicitor was gob smacked with all of them . They will pick the most relevant out.

MrsBertBibby Sat 08-Jul-17 09:32:41

Put examples of all kinds of behaviour, so the drinking and the financial stuff. Explain the impact on you. Older incidents are less relevant.

witchelm Sat 08-Jul-17 14:48:43

Thank you!

babybarrister Sun 09-Jul-17 20:44:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

seventhgonickname Wed 12-Jul-17 11:46:25

I made a very long list,me an ex had agreed on my petitioning for unreasonable behavior for 'benign'reasons.My solicitor took one look at my list and said fuck benign and put them all down in nice legal terms.

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 12-Jul-17 12:00:11

Yes - I was going to say first, worst and last incident of each too.,

So 6 incidences in total - 3 relating to drinking and 3 to financials. You can say that they are continuing too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: