Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU : STBXH NC

(5 Posts)
Harvestmoonsobig Thu 29-Jun-17 20:13:12

Simply that.

Am I being unreasonable that STBXH continues to be non-contact since December despite my offering several olive branches.

No other person involved from what I hear through our grapevine.

Our behaviour reflects our marriage - zero communication and emotional avoidance.

I wonder how long it's possible to keep this up after 25 years together.

We have 2DDs 18 and 16 who now spend all their time with me and it is their choice. I have not coerced them to the extent I spent Christmas alone. He is being equally avoidant of them.

I wonder who's had a similar experience.

I care about STBXH but it's clear I need to accept the relationship has no saving features.

Harvestmoonsobig Thu 29-Jun-17 22:58:14

Bumping

PurpleWithRed Thu 29-Jun-17 23:02:25

Why are you 'offering olive branches'? He would rather not see you or (much more sad) his dds. Nothing you can do to change that, he knows your door is open. Let him live his life, you concentrate on yours.

cheesypastatonight Thu 29-Jun-17 23:16:27

Why do you care! Your doc are old enough to contact him direct and he can contact them if he wishes.
Why do you want to be in contact with him?

Harvestmoonsobig Thu 29-Jun-17 23:45:22

Blunt but true. Difficult to hear but necessary. Tough moving on. Though not as bad as being on a diet. At least temptation not always in the way. 😉

Ok. Removing door mat sign from forehead and moving on. Thanks for posting .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now