Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I leave with no support and no money?

(5 Posts)
Purplebunny95 Tue 20-Jun-17 12:36:45

We have been married 18 months and our relationship has been rocky since that day. I am blamed for everything, stopped from seeing my friends and family, he is constantly putting me down and I have had enough. He works away 5 days a week but when he is home he shouts and swears constantly at both me and our 2yo daughter. I have to walk on eggshells around him and hide the most normal things so as to not cause an argument. He has never laid a finger on me but has been known to get violent during arguments, throw things at me, break doors etc. The thought of breaking up with him makes me feel physically sick because I do not know how he will react to it.
I know I need to leave, there's no doubt in my mind but I have no family support on this at all and only one friend who could help me out but that would only be for a few days. I rely fully on his income as well and have no money of my own. What do I do? It feels impossible to get out of this situation.

timeforabrewnow Wed 21-Jun-17 08:19:06

Bumping for you, as someone with good advice will be along soon

bluejelly Wed 21-Jun-17 08:23:29

I know it seems overwhelming but you can do this. Other posters will be able to give you practical advice I'm sure but the thing that helped me was a) telling a supportive friend in real life b) getting counselling to build up my resilience amd talk it through and b) giving myself a deadline. Which I stuck to.
The relief I felt when I finally left was tremendous. You and your dd will have an amazing future together away from this violent, aggressive man.
Best of luck flowers

bluejelly Wed 21-Jun-17 08:24:08

And ps have you spoken to Women's Aid? X

Purplebunny95 Wed 21-Jun-17 17:45:51

Thank you. I haven't spoken to womes aid no but did speak to local family crisis centre here and they are going to get someone to ring me before he comes home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now