Advanced search

Advice needed, don't know where to start

(4 Posts)
Sparrowlegs248 Fri 16-Jun-17 08:50:12

Married 4 years, together 15. 2 children under 2.

Joint mortgage. I'm on maternity leave. He's self employed.

I can't carry on with his behaviour. He is abusive, aggressive, negative, critical.

But I don't know where to start. I'd like him to leave, so that I can work out what I'd like to do. I don't know if I want to try and stay in the house or not. I know I can't make him leave though, and I don't think he will voluntarily.

I don't have any money for legal advice. I don't think I'd qualify for legal aid as although his behaviour is abusive, he's not been violent towards me. Also, I don't want to inflame the situation by 'claiming abuse'

I really don't know what to do. Or where to start. I can't imagine living here with him while it all goes on. Not with the children. He's so unpleasant, the atmosphere will be horrendous.

OP’s posts: |
suntansally Sat 17-Jun-17 07:20:15

Does he have anywhere he can stay short term

AgnesBloom Sat 17-Jun-17 08:30:18

I was in this situation 14 years ago - I went through hell for months but stuck with him because I didn't know what else to do. I really regret it now, looking back.Everytime things were hard he reverted to type. My health deteriorated and two years ago he left for someone else. I have now met someone who really loves me but I bear so many emotional scars. Every relationship is diferent but I really wish I had looked propperly into the options. Free advice can be had from citizens advice/ free 1st half hour with a family solicitor/ talking therapy through gp....good luck x

AgnesBloom Sat 17-Jun-17 08:34:28

Also - with regards to legal aid - it no longer covers divorce but you can get it for mediation if you qualify.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in