Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slander at work

(4 Posts)
Thingshavegottobebetter Mon 12-Jun-17 17:05:15

Me and my ex were together for 7 years and we have 2 young children.

The relationship was full of lies (on his part), emotional abuse and some physical abuse. I eventually walked away in December 2015 after finding emails between him and other girls.

The problem is, we work at the same company. We don't see each other and there should be no issues. Since the split, he has always maintained that he wants to try again.

At the Christmas party last year he was vile - talking to other colleagues and looking over at me - very uncomfortable. He came over and Introduced me to the colleague sitting next to me saying "xxx, this is my ex, xxx, and as I was telling you earlier, you won't need to make much effort as she's easy"

There was also a rumour going around during the night about me sleeping with another colleague which he was involved in. He claims he didn't start it, I'm inclined to think he did.

Back end of last year, my boiler broke - he came around to look at it before I called a plumber. I was ironing downstairs and unbeknown to me, he went through my underwear drawer and came across some underwear. He was furious about it, said I was trashy blah blah blah.

I've today found out that he had a discussion with another colleague at work about this underwear whereby it was decided that I was a slag.

I'm not happy that he is discussing my personal life which doesn't concern him or anyone else with colleagues. I feel he's trying to drag my name through the mud - for what reason, I'm unsure.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Mon 12-Jun-17 19:16:33

How did he know your boiler was broke and how did he get in the house?

Thingshavegottobebetter Mon 12-Jun-17 19:38:56

He knew the boiler was broke as I told him and I let him in the house. This was last year. I wasn't expecting him to go through my underwear drawer whilst checking the boiler.

jennyt19 Tue 13-Jun-17 20:44:50

Personally I would go to HR over that. Any HR department who knows their stuff would have ways of dealing with this type of behaviour.
They wouldn't tolerate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now