Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nearly a year on and suddenly feeling like I did at the beginning

(2 Posts)
Dazedandconfused77 Tue 06-Jun-17 00:10:02

I have been separated for nearly a yr after my husband had an affair and the last few days I have been feeling how I did when he first left. I feel tearful and unsure of where and what the future holds. He is quite happy with the woman he left me for and wants our children to meet her as ' it would be easier for me if she could be there when I have the kids '. I feel so down about all this and really am struggling to see any positives. If I was honest I would say I was jealous of how he has moved on so quickly and seems so happy. Where as I am struggling. We were together 20 yrs and I know I am so much better without him that's why I can't get my head around why I am feeling like this. Any words of wisdom appreciated

Quodlibet Tue 06-Jun-17 00:23:13

So sorry for the awful time you've had.
I think it is very very common for emotions to resurface around the anniversary of an event, as there's so many more triggers to remind us. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's nearly a year.
Be kind to yourself. It's a big loss (even though you are well shot of him) and you should allow yourself time to grieve it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now