Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do?

(4 Posts)
Hollyrose79 Fri 02-Jun-17 12:03:07

Asking for some advice please.
Marriage broke down in October last year due to continued unreasonable behaviour by stbexh. Came to a head when he got sacked from his job for sexual harassment of a colleague.
I slept in my daughter's room for several months. He refused to accept it was over..promised to change blah blah. He couldn't understand how his behaviour over the passed few years had killed any feelings that I had. He refused to leave the house..emotional blackmail with kids etc.
I saw a solicitor and instigated divorce proceeding on unreasonable behaviour but living in the same house became unbearable. I felt I had no choice but to remove my self and the children from the toxic atmosphere so I found somewhere to rent. He begged me to stop divorce proceedings saying we could do that after 2 years separation and in exchange he would give me £4000 to help with moving.
Needless to say the day came and no money..i had to borrow it from a friend.
He has since not replied to my solicitors separation agreement. He is giving me the bare minimum of £50 a week child maintenance for 2 children even though I know he is earning in excess of £500 !)a week plus "private work".
It has been 2 months since we moved out. My solicitor has advised I have no other alternative but to file for divorce. I really didn't want to have to drag it all through the courts. Is there any advise of how to deal with this? Am at my wits end with dealing with the ea and controlling twunt.

NotJanine Fri 02-Jun-17 12:07:30

Can you talk to him at all? I would tell him that you are going to continue with the divorce proceedings and point out to him that it is in his best interests to deal with it as quickly as possible for minimal expenses/hassle and to remove any future claim you can make on his assets.

For child maintenance, have you gone to CMS?

Hollyrose79 Fri 02-Jun-17 12:11:26

I have tried. It's just so hard to talk to him. It usually turns into more emotional abuse and guilt tripping. I know I just need to put my big girl pants on but it's just so emotionally draining. sad

NotJanine Fri 02-Jun-17 12:38:43

Can you just email or text him then. Keep it business like and ignore any personal stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now