Advanced search

Insuring spousal maintenance

(3 Posts)
Secretsout Fri 26-May-17 07:57:30

Can anyone help?

We are putting together the details for our consent order.

I'm getting £500 per month SM. He is 50, I'm 47. My solicitor wanted it on joint lives, his has said until I'm 60 so I've compromised and agreed to age 60.

My solicitor wants this insuring/indemnity by him. His has said this is up to me to arrange.

Can anyone advise? I fail to see how I can insure someone else's life or their ability to pay?

OP’s posts: |
Allconsumingshitstorm Fri 26-May-17 08:40:41

Surely he's the only one who can take out an insurance policy? Ok, so is it adjusted for inflation annually? (If not, it should be. Discuss with solicitor). Add up total amount payable to you and make him undertake to take out and maintain a life policy for that total amount.

Secretsout Fri 26-May-17 10:35:31

Thank you all that's exactly what I want but he, and his stupid Solicitor are pushing it back on me! Makes my blood boil.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in