Advanced search

He's forcing me to leave job - do I accept help?

(4 Posts)
BigNsmall16 Sat 13-May-17 11:11:53

Hi lovely people

Thanks for reading.

I am a single mum at Decree Nisi stage and have now submitted my Application for a Finanical Order form. Since doing so my husband has reduced the amount of support he is voluntarily giving me towards my son's nursery fees to the point where I can't afford to continue paying my bills.

My son and I live in rented accommodation and my husband lives in the matrimonial home. I work full time and my son is young.

What do I do?

Do I give up my job as I can't afford everything now as a result or do I accept help from my parents financially?

I don't want to let him off the hook.

Will the courts look more favourably on me if he has put me in the position where I can no longer work?

OP’s posts: |
Hermonie2016 Sat 13-May-17 20:42:26

Do you have a date for finances at court? Can your solicitor advise as I believe you could request an interim order to cover your expenses.

If possible I could not give up work. if you get a loan try to get it formalised so you can add it to Form E.

Is your ex a reasonable earner?

BigNsmall16 Wed 17-May-17 20:42:20

Thanks so much Hermonie. No date yet for finances at court only just sent of Application for Financial Order. I'm trying not to use a solicitor as have spent a few thousand even getting to this point a year down the line. There was a box on the form to tick for an interim order. I didn't tick it as think there was a fee to put this order in and wasn't sure whether I could just get help from parents. I could call and ask the court to tick the box or resubmit though?

Loan or credit card to add to the debt may be an idea. Problem is Ive accrued over 10k in debt since we split as I was on mat leave when we split and not earning so I've had to support myself and my child for the last year on minimum benefits. I've just paid that debt off with my redundancy payment as the monthly outgoings were unrealistic. I feel like he's getting away with all this debt and wonder whether I could get 100% equity in the property to cover my share plus all this debt he has caused me

OP’s posts: |
BigNsmall16 Wed 17-May-17 20:43:51

Ps he is a very reasonable earner but formerly hid behind self employment / tax avoidance and now has just gone onto a zero hours contract which no doubt will put him in an even more favourable position?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in