Talk

Advanced search

Advice on how to tell Child separating

(1 Post)
Alwayskeepbelieving Tue 02-May-17 20:43:17

Hello, this is the first time I have ever posted on here but I really need some advice. My ex husband and I separated and divorced when my son was just a baby. We are extremely amicable and have a good co parenting relationship. After a year on my own I met someone new who at the time seemed wonderful. After another year we decided to move in together. Roll forwards 3 years and my son is extremely attached to my partner. However, the relationship is not working out at all and I have no alternative but to end things which I know in the long run is for the best for my son as well. However, I am so concerned as to how to deal with this for my son. In the first instance we will stay in our home until I can sell the house and so that there is some stability and he can get used to life with just mummy again. I just don't know what to do or say about the split. Is it better for him to still see my partner for a period of time and thus gradually lose contact or is it better not to do so? This is of course assuming that he is reasonable about this and is willing to do so! I don't know anyone in a similar situation or who has been through this. I am just so worried about the effects on my son and I would welcome any advice from anyone who has been in this situation. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in