Talk

Advanced search

Child care & custody

(4 Posts)
FairytalesAreBullshit Sat 29-Apr-17 10:00:15

Had a fun morning where I did wrong again in the eyes of the Twunt.

He's moaning it looks like the houses I was promised are up, so why don't I have a move in date yet, I was told a few weeks back that these houses would be the last to go up.

I'm wondering about custody etc, as TH (Twunt Husband) earns so much he's over the threshold to get tax credits. I'll need to get housing benefit too, they've allocated a 3 bed house, so when it comes to Housing Benefit, they'll need to be on the claim, plus tax credits would help, as they'll go towards stuff they need.

I was moaned at the other day as DD/DS are sharing these figures that are popular. I was told they can go back and I can get stuff they need. But already volunteered to do that, which resulted in more moaning.

I've got this feeling TH will make life as hard as he can for me. We'll do joint custody which I have no issue with. He's a dick to me but is generally good to the kids. I don't have the resources he does to pay for legal stuff. Plus like his argument about getting stuff DC need, he gets paid more than enough. If it was a need why hasn't it been sorted. He has my card, so he could have sorted it over making a song and dance. Where I've got a small pot of money, he's got loads.

I'm just utterly fed up, I know the kids don't want to have single parents. But DH has this dream of how life is going to be. I think there's already a woman on the scene, thus he wants me out ASAP.

Any advice? Really appreciated, thank you.

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sun 30-Apr-17 14:26:02

What do you mean he has your card?

FairytalesAreBullshit Sun 30-Apr-17 15:06:09

Debit card.

Woke up today and without asking he's bought DS & DD a load of stuff. I wouldn't mind if asked, but I keep money in two accounts, so I'd rather have transferred over what was being spent. He took £20 yesterday, yet from what I asked for I can only see £10 worth of stuff. It pisses me off because he earns way more and gets child benefit at £120+ a month.

LostMySanityCanIBorrowYours Sun 30-Apr-17 15:13:03

Even with joint custody, one parent will be the 'main' carer.

Usually the one who does the most school runs, has the children more often. The main carer gets the CB and CTC. You will get WTC if you work, other benefits if you don't. Joint custody won't effect your HB claim.

He'll have to pay maintenance, though this goes down each night he has the children overnight.

Get yourself to CAB pronto and get your debit card (or move all the money out of that account if he won't give you it back)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now