Talk

Advanced search

Husband leaving me

(5 Posts)
Bridie1969 Fri 28-Apr-17 10:54:11

My husband is always threatening to leave, he puts me down and calls me really nasty names. Last night he didn't get his own way and the verbal abuse came out again. I did stick up for myself this time which shocked him but he says he's leaving. I don't want to leave our home but is it right that if the house is to big and he can't afford anywhere else then we have to sell it? Really don't know what to do. I've really looked after him and probably spoilt him. I feel so rejected. We have a daughter who is 7. He says I'll end up a lonley old woman without him.

ofudginghell Fri 28-Apr-17 11:07:44

Paperwork
Legal advice
Ltb

In that order.

PippaFawcett Fri 28-Apr-17 11:09:51

My first LTB, if you don't feel strong enough to do it for you, do it for your DD. She will be learning that his treatment of you is normal.

donajimena Fri 28-Apr-17 11:21:39

My ex p told me no one else would want me. Oh how I laughed. But even if it had been true I told him its better to be alone than badly accompanied.
Another LTB

QuiteLikely5 Fri 28-Apr-17 11:23:33

Encourage him to leave then change the locks.

He is abusing you and your daughter is growing up around domestic abuse - this will damage her development

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now