Talk

Advanced search

What do I need to think about.

(6 Posts)
Ilovealfieandannierose Tue 25-Apr-17 22:55:56

I have been married 8 years, together 12, we have 4 young children together. Our life together was pretty happy, we never fought and compared to stories on here I felt very lucky. 6 months ago, I found out he has been doing some stuff which I cannot forgive. It forced separation as we were not allowed to live together. The decision is now back with me and I am fairly certain our marriage is over. I have no idea what to do next. How I go about sorting any practical stuff. I feel like the only way to cope is take day at a time, but feel like my head is burrowing further into the sand. Can anyone advise on important things I should be considering. Things are amicable and he is having supervised contact with the children twice a week. Im sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

ImperialBlether Tue 25-Apr-17 22:58:36

It sounds as though he's done something which has gone against all your family values. Why would you want to be with him?

Do you have your tax credits etc sorted out?

Ilovealfieandannierose Tue 25-Apr-17 23:02:04

We have joint accounts and so I haven't sorted out anything financially. I would no way be able to manage to support the children on my salary. I am not sure I could face explaining things to tax credits people though.

Ilovealfieandannierose Tue 25-Apr-17 23:08:49

Im really lonely and scared. I dont think I can manage on my own. I miss him.

ImperialBlether Tue 25-Apr-17 23:16:10

If you decide to divorce, you don't need to tell anyone anything. You can divorce for unreasonable behaviour. You tell the tax credits people you're separated - no reasons are asked for.

Why don't you look at the Entitled To website and see what you'd be entitled to if you did separate? Then look at the child maintenance site - this will not affect your tax credits.

You are stronger than you think. If he has to have supervised contact, you really shouldn't be living with him.

Ilovealfieandannierose Wed 26-Apr-17 07:29:59

Thank you, thats really helpful. Will have a look at the website today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now