Advanced search

Help appealed decree nisi

(5 Posts)
goddessgirl7 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:07:35

Hi I got my decree nisi 3 weeks ago stbxh said repeatedly he was going to get the divorce stopped but never filed. Received the certificate of entitlement and had 4 days before the nisis was read and still didn't contact the court and has now filed an appeal saying he filed a defence in January and they obviously haven't received it! He wants to be divorced it doesn't like that its for unreasonable behaviour and wants it stopped and me made to file again on 2 years no fault (we've been separated for 4 years he always refused to sign papers before) can he do this?? Will the court make it start all over again he has no lawyer so it is just costing me!

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Wed 19-Apr-17 19:44:22

No, the court will probably dismiss his application out of hand.

Sit tight and see what happens.

goddessgirl7 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:44:21

Thanks MrsBertBibby fingers crossed

OP’s posts: |
Allybobs69 Thu 27-Apr-17 01:22:36

I have just been through a horrendous 5 year divorce. I left the family home at the start and moved into a privately rented house with my three children to escape my abusuve ex. I had to take my ex to court for ancillary relief to pay the rental costs. He constantly failed to pay. Eventually I had to move out of the house and intended to move back to the family home as he had moved out and lived with his gf. I then found out that he had rented the house out as he said that this was the only way the mortgage payments could be met. I wanted to evict the tenants but could not as I wasn't the landlord even though I am joint owner on the deeds. I have been give responsibility for selling the house and have a 70/30 split in my favour. I have been homeless and residing with parents and friends with my children for over a year. The tenants have given notice and are moving out this week. I have arranged to move back in next week. My ex knows this and has not told our youngest son that he and his girlfriend are moving into the property. I know that he has rights to the house but can he move his gf in with him. It's a terrible situation for the children. The older two don't have any contact with him and don't want him there. It's stressing everybody out. Has anyone got any advice? And btw he never paid most of the rental money to the mortgage and legal action is being taken by the mortgage company!!

Mermaidinthesea123 Tue 02-May-17 18:37:48

even if he does that you still only have a year or less to wait until you can get a divorce without his say so.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in