Talk

Advanced search

Child maintenance - how much?

(4 Posts)
NotJanine Tue 18-Apr-17 14:04:47

Agreeing terms with STBXH for consent order. He has been paying the amount as calculated by the gov website so far. The maintenance will end for eldest in a few months and the youngest in 2.5 years.

His job has a basic wage plus bonus/commission. He hasn't yet received any pay above the basic (so he tells me) but there is the possibility to earn a substantially larger amount if he does.

The amount he is currently paying is adequate for my needs. Should he be expected to pay more if he ends up earning more? I am not sure how I feel about it, so just wondered what other people do/would do?

Phillipa12 Tue 18-Apr-17 22:46:48

My ex has a basic wage plus bonus/commision and the amount he pays me is sufficient but we agreed together and had it written into a consent order that i would be allowed a percentage of any bonus/commision upto a set amount each year to go towards extras for the dc.

Hermonie2016 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:10:27

If the amount is sufficient to live on could you agree the % is for savings or uni? It's actually really helpful to find a young adult after Uni, perhaps with upfront rent or housing costs.

Some agreements have to show p60 annually as bonuses could be significant.My stbxh typically doubles his salary on bonuses so I will be looking to get a % as I will need it for living costs.

NotJanine Thu 20-Apr-17 17:23:52

Thanks hermonie that's a really good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now