Talk

Advanced search

Filed for divorce yesterday

(3 Posts)
Tingatingatale Tue 11-Apr-17 08:58:02

Hi all

After being separated for a year I finally found the courage to file for divorce yesterday. I need to take control back. Exh has told me he will not sign papers and I cannot divorce him. Everything is on his terms and I can't be controlled anymore. I feel sick though as I am still nervous of his reaction

ANewDawn Tue 11-Apr-17 17:52:55

Am in same position. I've posted in the thread for support with divorce. Cut and paste from my previuous entry:
still living together although seperated for nearly a fucking year. I so fucking hate him and feel sick.
He's put me off countless times, dragged things out and generally stuck his head in the sand. He thinks I'm a bully and I'm underhand.
I've finally had the divorce petition served on him and he's playing the 'poor me' stupid shit fuck bastard. I can't do anything becuase he's 'covered by the disability act' which i know is crap but i think he believes it. not sure what current diagnosois he has at the moment/is hiding behind.
So i don;t think he will be repsonding to the petition or engaging a solicitor yet because I've made him ill apparnetly. i fucking hate him. it's been nearly a fucking year and he still hasn't got a solicitor but I'm rushing him..
he's going to make me pay, isn;t he? Just for saying i want out. I can't believe he's making this so hard. It's fucking awful. I have to keep it together for the kids, who keep asking me what's happening. My 13 year old DD is confused by it all, but I stay neutral, not that he fucking deserves that. It's seriously damaging my health. I can;'t afford to move out, maybe that's what hes trying to make me do.
I'm at work and don;t want to go home but I just feel like sitting here and crying. It's the worst thing.

ANewDawn Tue 11-Apr-17 17:54:13

i think my STBXH also wants to control everything, hence the stupid shit he's been spouting. I too am nervous and anxious about his next move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now