Talk

Advanced search

Just separated and don't know whether to relocate

(3 Posts)
Ilovepeppa Mon 10-Apr-17 22:37:14

Well as the title says really. Only just separated from DH of 13yrs and have two young DS.

The problem is I hate the town I live in but we have been here 15yrs and my DS are settled in their schools and have friends. I don't work as can't find work in this shithole.

I would love to relocate us back to my hometown were I will also get support of my family but it's a big upheaval with schools etc and feel my boys life will be disrupted enough with us splitting up. Also my DH might kick up a fuss if I move his DS so far away, 3hr drive.

Really don't know what to do. Everything is a whirlwind atm.

CauliflowerSqueeze Mon 10-Apr-17 22:38:57

Don't do anything rash just yet. Take some time to think about it all as emotions will still be running high.

Angrybird123 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:54:53

Definitely think long term and don't do anything yet. Generally it's not a good idea to move a long way from the other parent but every case is different and if it won't actually affect how often he sees them, just making it more inconvenient / costly than it can be an option but be prepared to shoulder some of the costs etc involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now