Advanced search


(8 Posts)
Jay2o Mon 03-Apr-17 17:14:53

Thinking of splitting from my boyfriend we have a very young baby and it's my name on the mortgage. I bought the property years before we met.
Does anyone know what help I'd get benefits wise?

OP’s posts: |
Jay2o Mon 03-Apr-17 17:20:19

Forgot to say I normally work full time but would reduce my hours if I'd be better off. My mum will be looking after the little one.

OP’s posts: |
lavenderandrose Mon 03-Apr-17 17:22:37

Sounds like you're quite clued up already then OP.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 17:24:24

Point of note. You may not be better off reducing your hours . I work full time with two. They go to childminders and I'm better off with them in childcare.

IamScarfaceClaw Mon 03-Apr-17 17:24:40

Child and working tax credit, child benefit, possibly CTR but unlikely.
Turn2us have a benefit calculator....

Jay2o Mon 03-Apr-17 19:08:02

Thanks for replying, gosh how do you juggle two on your own. I work 12 hour shifts so finding childcare is a problem

OP’s posts: |
Jay2o Mon 03-Apr-17 19:08:50

Thanks scarcface will try the calculator

OP’s posts: |
HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 20:27:35

I just do it. I'm lucky that I can do with my job. They are worth every minute I sacrifice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in