Talk

Advanced search

Finances and decree absolute

(6 Posts)
GoldenOrb Tue 28-Mar-17 22:05:10

A question I should probably know the answer to really!

Do finances have to be agreed before I can apply for the decree absolute?

MrsBertBibby Wed 29-Mar-17 07:29:00

No they don't, but there are a number of reasons why it can be advisable not to get the DA until you have a seaked consent order.

GoldenOrb Wed 29-Mar-17 08:20:26

Sorry to be dense MrsBert but what are the reasons?

It's now been 6 weeks since my solicitor wrote to his with a suggestion re split of finances but there has been no reply. I fear it is going to take forever. Obviously I won't push for the DA if it's not sensible to do so, but I just want to be divorced from this idiot.

NotJanine Wed 29-Mar-17 11:40:12

I was told not to apply for decree absolute until a consent order has been approved

GoldenOrb Wed 29-Mar-17 11:42:12

Oh fuck. How long does that take? That means he currently has control over the speed of everything and will be relishing in making me wait.

Minime85 Wed 29-Mar-17 18:10:59

I would as my dp didn't and his ex wife is refusing to mediator or complete he divorce on line consent order and he is now going to take her to court to get the consent order. He couldn't afford it at time. Now ironically costing nearly £1k to split nothing as there're is nothing to split! Get it done if you can before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now