Talk

Advanced search

Separated Parents Information Programme - anyone attended?

(4 Posts)
UrbanBuzz Mon 20-Mar-17 23:38:15

I hope I've posted this to the relevant area.

I've been advised it's best I attend this programme.

Has anyone attended an SPIP? If so, what can I expect? I'm worried I'm going to just be made out to be a terrible Mother.
I am my DC's resident parent who currently has a court order set preventing me from moving out of my area. It's safe to say I despise my child's father and communication has completely broken down since he got that order out. I'm losing so much sleep over this whole thing and on a complete downward spiral, especially with another court date approaching as well. The financial strain on this whole matter is also unreal!

MrsBertBibby Tue 21-Mar-17 06:47:11

Everything you need to know about SPIP.

It's not about anyone saying you're a bad mum.

www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/separated-parents-information-programme-(spip).aspx

UrbanBuzz Tue 21-Mar-17 09:18:01

Thank you for your reply. I was more after personal experiences from anyone ? Was it helpful ? I'm dreading the fact that I have to sit in a room with strangers and when this is such a personal thing.

MrsBertBibby Tue 21-Mar-17 11:52:16

Some of my clients have found it helpful, some less so.

I suspect it very much depends on the mindset you bring to it.

It isn't ok to despise your child's other parent. I know how hard it is to find the positive, my own ex is a drink driving sexual harassing ego maniacal dick who has made my life so much harder than it needed to be, but as well, he is a warm and loving parent. I remind myself of that one positive often. Through gritted teeth, but I do it.

It will make your life easier if you can manage it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now