Talk

Advanced search

Joint accounts

(3 Posts)
Mermaidinthesea Mon 13-Mar-17 13:29:54

Hi, can anyone help with my problem? My husband left me, buggered off and left me to pay everything, mortgage, bills, overfraft fees on large overdrafts.
I only work part time as I suffer from ill health and the burden of the payments is killing me.
I have rung all the creditors and they say I am liable for all the joint accounts and all the payments as he cannot be found.
My solicitor can't do anything.
I have approached all of them and offered to pay off my half of the overdrafts and then please can they take my name of the account. They can't and won't. I've made a reasonable offer there is nothing else I can do except go under.
I have said that if they take my offer at least they will get some money, if I go under they will get nothing.
I don't know what to do. can anyone help?

BamboozledByPaperClips Mon 13-Mar-17 21:42:47

What an awful situation! Have you tried contacting a debt charity? They may be more able to speak to the creditors on your behalf and negotiate payment plans. I'm not sure what else to suggest. Are you able to perhaps get a lodger if you have a spare room?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:28:38

Prob cheaper to hire a PI to find him and get an address to forward the debts on to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now