Talk

Advanced search

Universal credits

(10 Posts)
hannahbellaa29 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:49:02

Right I don't really no if I'm doing this right but here goes.. I've just started working a 30hours a week.. and got my first universal credit payment which was 0!! No child element no housing help.. my wages are £840 a week.. surely I should of been entitled to my child's money!! My rent is £355.. I rang tax credits and they said I would get £129 a week from them.. but according to UC I can't end my claim with them.. I'm in so much trouble now working and I'm a lot worse of

hannahbellaa29 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:49:25

A month not a week shock

GlitterGlue Sat 25-Feb-17 18:04:07

Have they included the child on the claim?

Also, are you living in one of the areas listed here? www.gov.uk/guidance/jobcentres-where-you-can-claim-universal-credit

hannahbellaa29 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:20:56

Yes because I was claiming before my hours went up in work

hannahbellaa29 Sat 25-Feb-17 18:21:26

Yes I'm in one of the areas

GlitterGlue Sat 25-Feb-17 18:32:35

If you put the figures through the calculator it does say you're entitled to child & housing support. It's possible they've made an error? I think you need to call them back and get them to go through the figures. Perhaps they have your wages figures down Incorrectly?

hannahbellaa29 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:37:40

I have done a calculation myself and it says that I'm entitled to £157 per week.. but every time I ring them they just fob me off saying my wages are too high and when I question them about the fact I can claim tax credits.. they just say it's all included with UC

GlitterGlue Sun 26-Feb-17 16:58:50

What do they have your wages as? I think most wage details are sent automatically, but it's still not impossible that something has gone wrong. If you've submitted your wage slips it's even more likely that a figure has been typed in incorrectly, or put for a week instead of a month etc.

NaiceBiscuits Mon 27-Feb-17 15:06:03

Maybe they have your monthly income as weekly?

inmyshoos Tue 28-Feb-17 16:57:41

That sounds like they have made a mistake. The whole universal credit thing is a complete nightmare. It actually makes you feel like a criminal. All the talk of sanctions and what will happen to you if you don't do A B and C. I have just seperated from my husband and made an application and it has caused me so much anxiety i feel constantly on the verge of tears. It is horrible.
I hope you got things sorted op.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now