Advanced search


(5 Posts)
mermaid1965 Sun 19-Feb-17 13:25:06

We rent our house from my partners father we pay the rent 50/50. Am I entitled to anything as we are splitting up. Our son is 16. Do I have any rights to any money and his pension. He has paid for all property renovations. I work and always have all bills are paid 50/50. I want the money back I have paid in rent.
Please can you advise me

Hermonie2016 Sun 19-Feb-17 16:28:53

Hi, are you married? If so then you will be entitled to 50% of martial assets which I guess is not the house as not in his name.Pension and any savings plus you should get child maintenance for your son.

If your earnings are significantly less than his you might be able to claim spousal maintenance.

mermaid1965 Sun 19-Feb-17 17:24:37

Thank you no not married.

Everytimeref Sun 19-Feb-17 17:29:21

Sorry but no you won't be entitled to a share of his pension or any of the rent back.

Everytimeref Sun 19-Feb-17 17:30:21

You might be entitled to continue living in property until son is 18.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now