Talk

Advanced search

Help with the order of doing things.

(3 Posts)
WoodenTrees Mon 13-Feb-17 17:35:57

Getting divorced, it's under way. Long story short, he was abusive, arrested a couple of times. He's gone. I have a non molestation order and for now, an order that says I can stay in the house undisturbed for at least six months. However, I want to sell up and move. There will be fiscal arguments, that's for the solicitors. I just don't know whether the house should be on the market now or whether I should be waiting and see what's agreed financially and then put it on. It's just if it sells and I don't know who is getting what, then obviously I can't move. Hope this makes some sense to someone and that they can provide some advice.
Thank you.

Heatherjayne1972 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:30:33

We did something similar. The house sold and the extra money is held in an account by our conveyancing solicitor. Neither of us can have access until it's sorted as part of the divorce. If we both agree on a split of the money before that then we can access it but it may impact on us later on

WoodenTrees Mon 13-Feb-17 21:13:37

Where do you live in the meantime? I have a disabled dd living with me and one who comes home from uni during holidays who is also disabled. We'd be homeless and that would add to stress for them. He has a place and has been away for months. I would need to be able to move from house sale to house purchase fairly quickly, I think. I can't see that I'd be able to privately rent inbetween.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now