Talk

Advanced search

Can he record me in my home on his mobile phone without my perission?

(6 Posts)
boyzmum1 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:35:47

Hi all

So my husband is now recording me ,( my distress and my conversations with him and other people) on his mobile phone , I think he trying to say its some type evidence ?? of what I do not know.
So he calling me a " mental " case in front of my children , then hitting record on his mobile phone as I was shouting I'm not mental at him , then pauses the phone , calls me another name and hits record again. I think this is provocation.
Police said he can record me, however solicitor and civil legal aid persons said he cant record me .
The police have told him he can ,so now I cant talk in my house to anyone as for fear of him recording all of my conversations how can I be expected to live like this ?

Ilovecaindingle Wed 08-Feb-17 18:36:41

Won't be admissible in court anyway. . What a dick. .

Teatowelfairy Wed 08-Feb-17 18:50:41

Sounds awful! I know it's hard but try not to react instead when he hits record calmly and clearly say "It's not appropriate for you to call me x and especially in front of the children." Then ignore.
Or you could play him at his own game and record him calling you names but it's probably best to ignore the dick.

OneWithTheForce Wed 08-Feb-17 18:53:15

Stop speaking to him. Don't have any conversations with friends when he is there. Speak only to the children and make sure it's all nice and calm.

kittybiscuits Thu 09-Feb-17 17:41:43

From my similar experience, it's not illegal to record but it's illegal to play it to a third party. I would advise 1) stop talking to him 2) when you know he is recording you (it was obvious when I was being recorded because ex stopped being abusive and tried to goad me to say things) say things he won't want on record. For example I would say 'look you had an affair with xx for so many months and I have seen the emails and have copies of them'. Option 1 is most sensible but I occasionally enjoyed option 2 because he nearly had a heart attack and couldn't turn his phone off record quickly enough.

kittybiscuits Thu 09-Feb-17 17:42:39

Oh and let people know - i'm sorry I can't talk to you because I am being recorded in my home so it's not private.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now