Talk

Advanced search

My husband hacked my email account

(9 Posts)
Anoif1971 Thu 02-Feb-17 12:32:41

I believe my husband has hacked into my email account and is reading my emails between myself and my solicitor, can he use this information in court?

PurpleDaisies Thu 02-Feb-17 12:33:40

Wow. How do you know?

I'd speak to your solicitor asap for advice.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 02-Feb-17 12:35:43

Create a new email asap and ask you solicitor to use that email.

Most of my solicitors emails were classified as private & confidential and only for me.

I reckon he'd get in trouble for that. Ask your solicitor for advise?

00100001 Thu 02-Feb-17 12:37:02

Change your password....

Mottlemoth Thu 02-Feb-17 12:44:33

Can you not just change your password?

fuzzywuzzy Thu 02-Feb-17 12:45:32

If he's set up his email address to receive any password changes it might not work just changing password.

PurpleWithRed Thu 02-Feb-17 12:49:05

XDH hacked my computer and read all my emails. He installed some software on it at some stage - it was a nightmare and far more complex than just changing a password.

I reported it to the police and got a case number (I had some evidence including a photo of my emails on his laptop screen). They took it seriously and would have investigated but I just wanted it logged at that stage.

I can't answer your court question but would imagine any contents would not be admissible in court.

00100001 Thu 02-Feb-17 14:54:42

Well then... log in check the account settings... for the backup email address... screenshot the proof (if it exists)... change password.

Job done.

Fidelia Fri 03-Feb-17 09:48:20

Is there any chance that he has put a keylogger on your computer or on the wifi thingy? If he has, then setting up a new account wouldn't stop him getting access. Does he have access (or a key) to your home? If so, then you might want to consider buying a tablet and stashing it at work etc, so that you only use it away from the home, then using that to set up a new email account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now