Advanced search

child contact with domestic violence

(8 Posts)
Beth2511 Thu 26-Jan-17 23:35:06


i have a 2 year old and 3 month old. my 2 year old has seen more violence and anger than any two year old should, i was assaulted multiple times whilst pregnant with baby. today my ex got charged with assault and threats to kill towards me

what do i do next to protect my children?

MrsBertBibby Fri 27-Jan-17 08:05:17

See a family solicitor. The charges mean you can get legal aid if you are financially eligible. Are there bail conditions to protect you?

Beth2511 Fri 27-Jan-17 10:56:02

there are bail conditions. annoyingky they said they would include our daughters nursery to protect her but they havent

MrsBertBibby Fri 27-Jan-17 16:55:58

You really do need to get to a solicitor. Have you tried to get to see one? When is he in court? They can change the bail conditions then.

Beth2511 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:19:17

13th february he is in court.

have seen a solicitor for an initial appointment, really should have taken someone with me because i didnt understand any of it. will qualify for legal aid now as it wasnt 100% when i went if he would be charged or not.

MrsBertBibby Sun 29-Jan-17 09:18:53

Where roughly are you? If you're in the south east I might be able to suggest a legal aid practitioner.

Beth2511 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:22:44

im south west.

this is all so over whelming. theres major safety concerns at the moment so this is playing on my mind a lot sad

MrsBertBibby Sun 29-Jan-17 18:30:00

You could try Pardoes, unless that's not West enough!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: