Advanced search

Consent Order - Help needed!

(3 Posts)
welshlass04 Wed 25-Jan-17 12:51:52

Myself and partner have just received a consent order from the courts with the following wording in relation to 2 of his 3 children both of which are in University full time and living away from home during term time

"Undertaking to the court to pay the Applicant (his ex-wife) the sum of £120.00 per calendar month in advance on the 28th day of each month by way of standing order for LT (name of first child), until LT leaves University, to exclude living at University. In the event LT pays board to the Applicant, the Applicant will inform the Respondent (my partner) and the Respondent shall deduct that amount from the £120.00 and continue to pay the remainder to the applicant."

The key question here is what does it mean by the wording "to exclude living at University"?

Currently we pay this amount per child living at Uni, regardless of term time or not. We would prefer to give the money directly to the children concerned when they are at University as we feel they have no benefit from it, we are unable to help them any further due to the financial constraints of the consent order.

Anyone with some advice on this would be greatly welcomed

newlife17 Thu 26-Jan-17 00:03:55

I think it means not paying you whist LT is away at uni as she's not living at home so technically you aren't providing for her. That's my all this to come! Good luck! X

MrsBertBibby Thu 26-Jan-17 09:22:59

If it's a consent order presumably your partner signed it? So why did he sign it if he didn't understand it?

It's not very well drafted!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: